* I took two Creative Writing courses at our local college several years ago and made no advancement in creative writing skills. Once I found Creative Writing Institute, and sent a short manuscript for evaluation by Mr. Lynn Carroll, I knew this was the most hopeful doorway for me and signed up. After only three lessons of Creative Writing 101, the drive to become a student and writer again was confirmed and on I went. My tutor, Jo Popek, cheered me every inch of the way. Even the busy CEO, Deborah Owen, took time to write encouraging words. What a great staff. Betty C.
* I just wanted to let you guys know I was assigned to create a newsletter in my technical writing class. We had to write articles based off a fake company we created. I, of course, chose to “own” a used bookstore. So the articles in my newsletter had to be about things people who shop at a used bookstore would read. I wrote several articles, turned them in, and got and 100%! She said my articles were amazing, informative but encouraging, and she absolutely loved them. I wanted to thank both of you and let you know. You really have trained me well! You have given me skills that will help me with future jobs, and school! Thanks!! Arial P.
* This is exactly what I’ve searched for – [Introduction to Poetry] – poetry forms and rules, punctuation and line breaks. I constantly stumble over the latter. I deeply appreciate your comments and suggestions. There is nowhere else for me to turn for help. Thank you for spending your valuable time teaching this class. I’ve searched hard for a [poetry] class like this one and am excited to find it at CWI. Terri C.
* I have been absorbing more than I ever dreamed. The dynamic non-fiction course is just that. Dynamic. My dearest friend and writing buddy has her master’s thesis in the Library of Congress and has been reviewing my assignment analyses with me at the end of each lesson. She can’t get over how extensive the material is. > Lynn answers all my questions promptly, satisfactorily, and with humor. Thanks for everything. Shirley D.
* The [Creative Writing 101] course provided the kind of detailed comments and suggestions for my writing that I have been craving and have not received in other face-to-face classes. Diane M.
* Lynn Carroll was very thorough, thoughtful, encouraging, knowledgeable and motivating. The one-on-one class experience is like no other class I’ve attended. I believe this promotes the desire to learn and helps with follow-through. Lynn gave me such a confidence boost, all the while being candid about my strengths and weaknesses. He was understanding when I had a crazy couple of weeks and allowed flexibility for homework. I so appreciated Lynn’s honesty and heart. You said you enjoyed having me as a student, but you have no idea how the whole class and mentoring system helped me. I’ll be forever grateful for all that Deb, Lynn, and Jo have given me. You are all truly unique. Linda C. More about Translation Agency UK
What’s Hot and What’s Not
Have you heard of the Swiss Army Knife for writers? It is called The Multi-Tool Pen. This amazing instrument of creation and destruction can punch holes, strip insulation off wires, remove staples, file nails, trim Christmas ribbon, cut a pencil in half, tighten loose screws with either a Phillips or flat head, tweeze nose and ear hairs, scrape paint, eat clams casino with the stainless steel fork… and did I mention you can write with it?
No more digging through drawers for a lost screwdriver. No more scouring the bathroom for missing tweezers. No more searching for your hole punch. With the Multi-Tool Pen in your pocket, you’ll be ready for all kinds of emergencies, along with your daily writing sessions.
This is the perfect gift for the writer who is impossible to buy for. No need to worry about getting this gift back next Christmas. Everyone will appreciate this wonderful piece of craftsmanship and ingenuity.
The Multi-Tool Pen is available in black or a becoming shade of blue. This stylish pen will make their writing flow from the tip like water through a funnel. This nifty little number rates a ten on our chart!