So you’ve been hit with an error named api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll stating that the following is missing from your computer and hence you cannot run the program and now you’re all panicked and you don’t know what to do in order to restore your program and work like you normally do. Well don’t panic first of all, as you are not alone. There are many Windows users who have reported this and hopefully there is a solution to this issue.
This error is mainly caused by the missing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual
Studio on your Windows. You can solve the problem through installing the software once again.
Now there are a couple of ways for you to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Choose one according to your preference.
Method #1- Install the Software via Windows Update to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
Microsoft has built in Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio in Windows Update KB2999226 just so that you can install it right through Windows Update.
- Now simply type Windows Update Settings in the search box from Start menu and then click Windows Update or Check for updates from the top left corner.
- After which you’ll have to click ‘Install Updates‘.
Then Restart your Computer and keep repeating the above steps again and again until there are no more updates to be installed. In the end open the program once again and check if the problem is solved. If it is done then it is well and good and if not then go on with way 2.
Method #2- Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft directly
- Now in order to download the software go to this link Microsoft Download website.
- Now simply click Download.
- Now Select your system type x64 or x86(x32), and then click Next.
Also Check: How to install Telnet client in Windows 10
- It should then start to download the file and after the download is complete start the setup and after that simply keep following the instructions and the wizard will be completed and the problem will be solved.
Thank you. I hope that this must have helped. Keep supporting and share.